If you’re thinking of getting cat-eye lashes, you’re not alone. They have become the most popular style requested at lash salons due to their ability to instantly create an eye-catching look with a touch of glamour.
However, whether you’re a client or a lash artist, there are a few essential things you need to know before taking the plunge and getting cat-eye eyelash extensions.
What Are Cat-Eye Eyelash Extensions?
Cat-eye eyelash extensions are a type of semi-permanent eyelash extensions that are designed to give the eyes a dramatic and exotic look. They are called “cat-eye” lashes because they mimic the shape of a cat’s eye, with the longest lashes at the outer corners of the eyes.
The extensions are applied by a trained professional who attaches individual lash extensions to your natural lashes using a special adhesive. The length, thickness, and curl of the extensions can be customized to achieve the desired look.
Cat-eye eyelash extensions are low-maintenance and can last for several weeks with proper care. They are a great option for those who want to add volume, length, and a touch of glamour to their natural lashes.
Different Cat-Eye Lash Styles
There are several different cat-eye lash styles, each with their own unique look. Here are some of the most popular cat-eye lash styles:
- Classic Cat-Eye: This style features longer extensions towards the outer corner of the eye and shorter extensions towards the inner corner, creating a subtle, yet sophisticated look. 8mm to 13mm lash extensions are suitable for you to get classic cat eye lash extensions look. The Ultimate Guide to Classic Lash Extensions: Everything You Need to Know
- Dramatic Cat-Eye: This style has a more pronounced winged effect, with longer and more dramatic extensions towards the outer corner of the eye.
- Natural Cat-Eye: This style is a more subdued version of the classic cat-eye, with shorter extensions towards the inner corner of the eye and longer extensions towards the outer corner, giving a more natural look.
- Round Cat-Eye: This style creates a rounder shape at the outer corner of the eye, making it a great option for those with more rounded or hooded eyes.
- Bold Cat-Eye: This style is all about making a statement, with extra-long, thick extensions that create a bold, dramatic look.
- Reverse Cat-Eye: The reverse cat-eye is a lash style that features longer lash extensions in the inner corner of the eye, and the shortest extensions towards the outer corner. This style is the opposite of the traditional cat-eye look, with a unique design that accentuates the natural shape of the eye.
- Wispy Cat-Eye: To achieve a wispy cat-eye look, lash artists use classic lashes at an even distance along the lash line to create the appearance of wisps or spikes. Volume lash fans are then applied in between to add fluff and density to the lashes. This technique results in a more textured and multidimensional look, with lashes that appear longer, fuller, and more dramatic. Wispy Lash Extensions: The Ultimate Guide to Wispy Lash Extensions for Lash Beginners
No matter which cat-eye lash style you choose, a skilled lash artist can customize the length, thickness, and curl of the extensions to suit your unique eye shape and desired look.
Cat Eye Lash Extensions Map
You can use the lash extension mapping to create cat-eye lash extensions for your clients.
To create a cat-eye lash map for your clients, I follow these steps:
- Divide the lash line into 4 to 6 equally spaced sections using dotted lines drawn directly on the under-eye pad with a fine-tipped pen. The more sections, the more precise or striking the style can be.
- Select 7 to 8 different lengths of lash extensions, typically between 8 to 15 mm, based on the natural lash length in each section. Adding at least 2 mm in length to the client’s natural lashes can enhance definition.
- Apply shorter lengths (8-10 mm) to the inner corner and progress to longer lengths (10-15 mm) towards the outer corner, creating a winged effect.
- Consider using even shorter lengths (10-11 mm) in the outermost corner for a more dramatic winged look.
- Choose a curl type that suits the client’s natural lashes and desired look, such as J curls, DD curls, or anything in between.
Following these steps can help lash artists create a customized cat-eye lash extension design for your clients.
How to Create Cat-Eye Lash Extensions?
Creating cat-eye lash extensions requires skill and experience, and should only be done by a trained and certified lash artist. However, here is a general overview of the lash extension application process:
- Consultation: The lash artist will consult with the client to determine their desired look and assess their natural lashes to ensure they are healthy enough for extensions.
- Preparation: The client’s natural lashes are cleaned and primed to ensure that the extensions adhere properly.
- Selection: The lash artist selects the appropriate lash extension lengths, thicknesses, and curls of lash extensions to create the desired cat-eye look.
- Installation: Using tweezers, the lash artist carefully applies individual extensions to the client’s natural lashes, working from the inner corner to the outer corner of the eye. Longer extensions are applied toward the outer corner of the eye, while shorter extensions are applied toward the inner corner.
- Finishing touches: The lash artist may apply additional volume or fluff to the lashes using a combination of classic and volume lashes to create a more multidimensional look.
The process may take between one to two hours to complete, depending on the client’s natural lashes and the desired look. Aftercare instructions will be provided to ensure that the extensions last as long as possible and remain in good condition.
Reasons to Try Cat Eye Lash Extensions
Here are some reasons to try cat-eye lash extensions:
- Instant Eye-Opening Effect: The longer lashes on the outer corners create a winged or feline-eye look that opens up and elongates the eyes, giving an instant eye-opening effect.
- Subtle Glamour: Cat-eye lashes provide a subtle hint of glamour without being too over-the-top, making them perfect for any occasion, whether it’s a day at the office or a night out on the town.
- Customizable: The cat-eye lash style is highly customizable, allowing lash artists to tailor the design to the client’s natural lashes, eye shape, and personal preferences.
- Low Maintenance: Once applied, cat-eye lashes require minimal maintenance, making them a convenient choice for those with busy schedules.
- Long-Lasting: With proper care and maintenance, cat-eye lash extensions can last up to six weeks before needing a touch-up.
Overall, cat-eye lash extensions can enhance your natural beauty, add a touch of glamour, and create a dramatic yet subtle eye-catching look that will make you feel confident and beautiful.
In my opinion, cat-eye lash extensions are an essential skill that every lash artist should have in their toolkit. The style offers a dramatic and eye-catching look that many clients love, whether they’re looking for a special occasion or a natural daily wear look.
The versatility of the cat-eye style is one of its biggest draws, allowing lash artists to customize the design to suit the client’s natural lashes, eye shape, and personal preferences.
If you’re looking to enhance your natural beauty with a touch of glamour, cat-eye lash extensions are definitely worth trying out. Let me know in the comments below if you’re considering trying out this popularlash extensions cat eye.