Lash extensions are a popular beauty treatment that can enhance your natural lashes and give you a fuller, more dramatic look. While lash extensions are relatively low maintenance, proper care is essential to keep them looking their best.
One important aspect of lash extension maintenance is brushing. In this guide, we’ll cover the best techniques about how to brush lash extensions for a flawless look every time. Whether you’re new to lash extensions or a seasoned pro, this guide is for you.
So let’s get started!
Step-by-Step Guide on How to Brush Lash Extensions
Tools and Materials required for brushing lash extensions:
- Lash extension brush or lash wand
- Lash comb
- Optional: mascara wand
Sure, here’s a step-by-step guide on how to brush lash extensions:
- Prepare your tools and materials. Before you begin, gather all the tools and materials you will need. This includes a lash extension brush, lash comb, mirror, lash wand, and optionally a clean mascara wand.
- Gently hold a mirror and tilt your head back slightly. Hold a small mirror below your face, so you can easily see your lashes. Tilt your head back slightly to avoid accidentally poking your eye.
- Use a lash comb to separate any tangled or clumped lashes. Start by using a lash comb to gently separate any lashes that are tangled or clumped together. Work from the tips to the base of your lashes, being careful not to pull or tug on your extensions.
- Use a lash extension brush to gently comb through your lashes from base to tip. After you’ve separated any clumped lashes, use a lash extension brush to gently comb through your lashes. Start at the base of your lashes and work your way to the tips. Be sure to brush each lash individually, using light and gentle strokes.
- Check for any missed spots and repeat as needed. Once you’ve brushed through all your lashes, check for any missed spots. If you notice any clumped lashes, use the lash comb to separate them. Then, use the lash extension brush to gently comb through your lashes again.
- Optional: Use a clean mascara wand to fan out your lashes. If you want to create a more dramatic look, you can use a clean mascara wand to fan out your lashes. Start at the base of your lashes and wiggle the wand back and forth as you move toward the tips. This will create a fuller and more voluminous look.
That’s it! By following these steps, you can keep your lash extensions looking their best for longer. Remember to be gentle and avoid using too much pressure, as this can damage your extensions. With a little practice, brushing your lash extensions will become a quick and easy part of your daily routine.
Best Practices for Brushing Lash Extensions
- Brush your lashes daily or as needed. Brushing your lashes regularly helps to keep them looking neat and prevents tangling. Make brushing a part of your daily routine, or as needed if you notice any clumping or tangling.
- Avoid using too much pressure or harsh movements. Lash extensions are delicate, so it’s important to be gentle when brushing. Avoid using too much pressure or harsh movements, as this can cause your extensions to break or fall out.
- Use a light hand when combing through your lashes. When using a lash comb, use a light hand and work from the tips to the base of your lashes. This helps to prevent pulling or tugging on your extensions.
- Clean your brushes regularly with warm water and mild soap. To prevent bacteria buildup, it’s important to clean your lash extension brush and lash comb regularly. Simply rinse them with warm water and mild soap, then let them air dry.
- Avoid getting your lashes wet for at least 24 hours after a lash extension application. After getting lash extensions applied, it’s important to avoid getting your lashes wet for at least 24 hours. This allows the adhesive to be fully set and helps to prevent damage or premature falling out of your extensions.
By following these tips and best practices, you can keep your lash extensions looking their best for as long as possible. Remember that proper lash extensions aftercare and maintenance are key to preserving your extensions and keeping them looking beautiful.
How Often to Brush Lash Extensions?
Brushing lash extensions regularly is an important part of maintaining their appearance and longevity. How often you should brush your lash extensions will depend on your individual needs and lifestyle, but generally, it’s recommended to brush them at least once a day.
Brushing your lash extensions helps to remove any tangles or twists, and keeps them looking fluffy and full. It also helps to distribute the natural oils from your lashes to the extensions, which can help to keep them healthy and prevent breakage.
If you’re particularly active or spend a lot of time outdoors, you may need to brush your lash extensions more frequently to remove any debris or sweat that can accumulate on them. On the other hand, if you have a more sedentary lifestyle or wear minimal makeup, you may be able to get away with brushing them less frequently.
Ultimately, the key is to find a brushing frequency that works for you and helps to keep your lash extensions looking their best. Just be sure to use a gentle touch and a soft-bristled brush to avoid damaging the extensions or pulling them out.
Mistakes to Avoid When Brushing Lash Extensions
When brushing lash extensions, there are several mistakes to avoid:
- Brushing them too vigorously can damage the extensions and cause them to fall out.
- Using a regular mascara wand or any other harsh brush can also damage the extensions.
- Not using a clean brush can transfer bacteria to the lash line, leading to infections.
- Not brushing them frequently can cause the lashes to tangle or clump together.
- Using oil-based products near the lashes can loosen the adhesive, causing the extensions to fall out.
To keep lash extensions looking their best, it is important to use a soft, clean spoolie brush, brush them gently, and do so regularly.
Can You Brush Lash Extensions When Wet?
It is not recommended to brush lash extensions when they are wet. Lash extensions are attached to your natural lashes with a special adhesive that needs time to dry and set. Brushing your lash extensions while they are wet can cause the adhesive to break down and may cause the extensions to come loose or fall off prematurely.
In addition, brushing wet lash extensions can also cause them to become tangled or clumped together, leading to potential damage to both your extensions and natural lashes.
It is best to wait until your lash extensions are completely dry before brushing them. This usually takes about 24 hours after your application, depending on the type of adhesive used and your lash technician’s recommendations. Once your lashes are dry, you can use a clean spoolie brush to gently brush your lashes, starting at the base and working your way up to the tips.
If your lash extensions become wet due to water or other liquids, gently pat them dry with a clean towel or tissue, and avoid rubbing or pulling on them. This will help to prevent damage to your extensions and keep them looking their best.
This is a quick guide about how to brush lash extensions above. Lash extensions should not be brushed vigorously or with a regular mascara wand as this can damage the extensions and cause them to fall out.
Instead, use a soft, clean spoolie brush to gently comb through the lashes, starting from the tips and working your way up towards the base.
It is recommended to brush them once or twice a day, preferably in the morning and evening, to keep them looking neat and separated. Avoid using any oil-based products or rubbing your eyes too vigorously as this can also loosen the lashes.
Any questions about brushing lash extensions, please feel free to contact us at any time. And ask for the free lash extension catalog from now on~